The Internet has become an essential part of modern life, and many people cannot imagine living without it. However, the worldwide web does come with its risks. One significant risk is that someone can hack into your wireless Router and access all of your information stored on it.
For this reason, you should change your router password regularly to avoid becoming a victim to cybercriminals.
Here are some tips for doing so:
- Change the default settings on your Router immediately after purchasing it to make sure no one else can get into it quickly in the future;
- Make sure you choose a strong password made up of both alphanumeric characters and symbols;
- Use different passwords for each device connected to your home network;
- Don’t forget to change your password if you change the Router’s software;- Hire a professional computer technician or IT company to help you with the configuration of security settings.
Steps to Change TP-Link Router Password
- Press the reset/WPS button located on the back of your TP-LINK Router for 10 seconds.
- After 10 seconds, a four-digit PIN code will be generated, and it will be shown on your web browser’s address bar. Important: Remember this code, as it is necessary for future access into your Router’s admin panel
- Enter the 4-digit PIN that is displayed in the address bar and click submit to continue
- Select your preferred language and click Next
- Set your new Admin Password and click Next
- Set the wireless password (Wireless Security Mode) and click Next
- Review the current configuration settings and click Finish
- Login with your new password:
For TP-LINK default IP address, this is admin/admin or user/user where the user option may work instead of the admin depending on which TP-LINK product you are trying to access (some devices may not have an “admin” account and only a “user” account).
After successfully changing the default password, your web browser will automatically be redirected to the TP-Link default IP address: 192.168.0.1. Here you will be able to make any changes you need.
Following these steps, you can indeed change the router password in just minutes, keeping your network secure at all times. If you still have questions concerning this procedure, do not hesitate to contact us via the comment section.